20 April 2009

along came a spider and sat down beside her


Except the spider didn't really sit, it more dangled from the ceiling in front of the back door.


I thought it was a fly and tried to swat it out of the door, as I had been in the process of letting the cat in. When I swatted it, spider legs made contact with my hand about the same time HAH yelled "SPIDER!" and I realized it was very much not a fly. I shrieked and backed up, knocked over my mother's prized Christmas Cactus, shattered the pot it was planted in, fell over backwards and rolled through the rubble to a stop just to the side of the dinner table, much to the delight of those in the dining room (though I don't blame them, I bet it looked pretty funny).

After picking myself up and helping clean up the mess I mostly just felt stupid (and still a little scared).

And I thought the pizza incident was bad. :)

Sorry Mom!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's too bad. I wish I could have seen it.

    Red Chief had a crying session yesterday, and then another where he was too petrified to get off his trike in the backyard because he was scared of buggies. We got him a bug net today. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried not to laugh until we made sure you were unharmed!

    I hate spiders. They are creepy. I think I mostly relieved it was not ME swatting at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Lil' sis told me about this yesterday and I said it was even better than the pizza, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil' sis here--the best part was that we never actually found the spider. Who knows, it may be living in the dining room to this day, waiting to strike at another unsuspecting victim...

    ReplyDelete