06 January 2011

sailing, sailing [MI trip 2010]

 
 I have never been sailing before this summer. 
 We went out for an afternoon with my Uncle and sailed Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
You can see the Charlevoix bridge behind Mr. Clean.  It opens every half-hour to let high-masted ships through the canal from Lake Michigan to Lake Charlevoix.  Here's another view.
 Mr. Clean is more of a motorboat kind of guy, but he liked sailing as well. 
The company, of course, was also a highlight. 
The wind, the calm water, the gentle rocking, and the sun in the sail made
for a perfectly relaxing afternoon
Lovely. 

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm more of a sailing type of guy myself. It looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I didn't realize any of our uncles had a sailboat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun! Even if I slept most of the time. Stupid Dramamine....

    ReplyDelete