01 April 2012

a birthday surprise


Today, for my 28th birthday, Mr. Clean took us out for a family drive to the Washington DC temple.  It's about a 40 minute drive one-way, with no traffic (ha ha ha...no traffic).



It was a beautiful, slightly cloudy morning.
We tried for a family photo, but obviously need a little work on taking pictures of ourselves.  :) 


The temple is on the Maryland side of DC, in a nice quiet neighborhood.  It was wonderful to get out of the city, go somewhere where the high-rise buildings were out of sight, and to feel the quiet spirit present on the grounds.  

 



Walking around even for the brief while we were there, made me feel like I was releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding.


I love to see the temple.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your family picture! :) And the picture of the tulip is beautiful!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete