27 September 2011

5 reasons I am feeling extra pregnant lately



5.  While waiting for my turn at the trash compactor, a little boy with his mom tugged at her shirt, pointed at me, and stage-whispered "is there a baby in that lady's stomach?"
4.  Mr. Clean tactfully suggested we get some flats for me. Though I hate to admit it, my feet agreed with him that it was time. 
3.  A lady at a gas station blessed my belly.  At least...I think that was what she was doing...the only thing she said in English was "little happy mamma."
2.  Twice in the recent past a random stove burner has been ignited - unintentionally - by my belly as I was wiping down the stovetop.  I need to get used to my new dimensions before I flambe my hand (or a washcloth).
1.  Despite my detestation for bananas and anything related to them, I experienced a serious craving for banana pudding the other day.  It was gross.  The thought of eating it kept popping into my head and I would think "mmmmm," and then I would think "ugh!" and dry heave.   

Pregnancy is weird.  I'm just happy to be along for the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment