08 May 2012

5 reasons to justify my pinterest account

As a self-imposed check/balance to the bandwidth I expend on Pinterest (which actually isn't all that much), I decided I needed to begin using what I have already pinned before I continued pinning.

Here are some of my results. 

1.  Homemade Laundry Soap.  This was fun to make, but didn't end up being super cost-effective for me.  It was incredibly difficult for me to track down the ingredients for it - I ended up having to get some of them online.  I guess ingredients for making homemade laundry soap aren't high in demand here in DC.  The little man loved watching me grate the bar soap though.

2.  Roasted green beans and mushrooms.  I messed with this recipe too much to review it in its original form. We had it for Easter dinner as a side.  Too bad I don't remember what I did now (other than adding sliced cherry tomatoes and using baby portobello mushrooms).  All I remember is that it was tasty.  

3.  The Piece-y Pony.   Since I don't currently own a curling iron, I did it with straight hair, which was actually pretty cute.  I probably won't use it again all the same because my hair is just to slippery to hold onto a style like this (ok, pretty much any style) for more than a few hours.

4.   Mini Lasagna Cups.  I did not use breakfast sausage. It seemed...weird.  I used Italian sausage instead.  I mixed spinach into the ricotta and upped all of the herb quantities.  They were fun and easy to make and very tasty.  Mr. Clean (after initial doubts when I described the variation on his beloved lasagna) wholeheartedly approved of them.  I even remembered to take a picture.
 

5.  Book of Mormon Page Titles.  Nowadays I am often sleepy when reading scriptures, no matter what time of day I sit down with them.  I did a test run with these and it seems that quick glances at these titles help me keep my focus as I read.

2 comments:

  1. The recipes you tried look good. I think my kids would like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hairdo!

    ReplyDelete